Flights into South Africa

Apr 18th, 2003, 08:07 PM
Original Poster

Flights into South Africa

Is SkyAuction a reliable airline ticket provider? They seem to be auctioning tickets from JFK-Capetown going for around $1000 which is pretty cheap compared to other sites.

I just want to hear from someone that has used them to purchase airline tickets and had a smooth experience. (or someone that had a not so smooth experience)

or for that matter...anyone with advice on getting reliable discounted airfare from NY to S. Africa.
Apr 18th, 2003, 09:22 PM

Matty,

I bought a 17 day trip to China from Sky Auction two years ago that included all the air. It was on Korean Air Lines to China and Dragon Air within China. I never had a problem.

Also, I am pretty sure that I bought air to Guadalajara with Sky Auction last year and flew on Continental Airlines. Again, no problem, whatsoever.

I have only had very good experiences with Skyauction.com.

Oh...I almost forgot!!! I bought a South African package from Skyauction last year! It was similar to the 10 night packages that they auction off a couple times a week. It included one night at The Rosebank Hotel in Joburg, two nights at Skukuza Rest Camp (Kruger) and four nights at The Cape Manor hotel. I slightly upgraded the trip and spent one night at The Rosebank, three nights at Singita and four nights at The Table Bay.

Skyauction said they don't usually alter the trips and seemed inconvenienced by it all, but I am sure they made a ton of profit on it. Seems like I pretty much got charged full price for Singita and the Table Bay, meaning that I pretty much forfeited my stays at Skukuza Rest Camp and The Cape Manor Hotel...no big loss.

My Africa education back then was probably at the pre-school level and I would like to think that I am a cool Senior in High School now, hopefully on my way to getting my MBA or if I am ever able to move to South Africa, even if only for half the year, I will earn my PHD. Such an incredible country!

So, again, Skyauction.com is a great website...without it I may have never found South Africa so early and would have taken about my fifth trip to Europe or my first trip to Australia, a place that really doesn't interest me in the least despite being the last inhabitated continent that I have yet to visit.

If you can get a good deal on Skyauction, I say go for it. They were very flexible with my dates and everything worked out perfect in all three instances (China, Guadalajara Mexico and South Africa).

Search this Thread