Reload this Page >

Prices of eating out in Dubai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2000, 11:27 PM
Jane

We are thinking of staying in Dubai this summer at one of the 'upmarket' hotels on Jumeira beach as they seem such good value in this hot season. <BR> <BR>Can anyone tell us what sort of prices to budget for to eat in these sort of hotel restaurants ? Also any recommendations food wise would be welcomed.

Old Mar 5th, 2000, 01:30 PM
spa

Do a search on Yahoo, for dubai. You will find a few great web sites that list hotels, restaurants ect. Thinking of going also. Did you see the cover of conde nast traveler mag. I have to stay there!

Old Mar 7th, 2000, 10:10 PM
Jane

Thanks for the tip. Yes that hotel looks great although fearsome expensive even in off season. We hope to saty next door !

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 02:35 AM
Silvia Rotheimer

Hello from Vienna! <BR>Summer will be very hot! <BR>We spent christmas there. At the Metropolitan Beach Club. It was OK. <BR>The Royal Mirage Hotel is brand new and fantastic (SUN Hotels).Food is not cheap but you can get good indian and lebanese dishes. <BR>Enjoy the gold souk! <BR>Best regards <BR>Silvia

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 03:17 AM
Peter

Jane, <BR> <BR>Just got back from UAE and Oman. We stayed at Radisson SAS at Jumeira Beach. Be aware breakfast is really expensive (US$25 p.p.). Dinner will be reasonable but eating out in town costs only $6 per couple! Don't stay at the hotel. Go to shopping malls with food courts (there are a lot) which is clean, various and cheap.

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 11:28 PM
James Melbourne

The U.A.E. has the best Indian food in the world.There is a variety of Indian <BR>Pakistani and Lebanese and Arabic food <BR>Eating can be as expensive or as cheap as you want it.There are somr hotels that offer western food.you can also drink alcohal.There is a varity of street venders selling sharmas or falafels for the discount travelers <BR>The price for a falafel or shawma is lees than a dollar but it won'l fill you up

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Elena

Tourism & Travel in United Arab Emirates. All what you need to know when visiting UAE. Many photos of this magic country. <BR>http://www.super-tour.com

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 02:29 AM
Anna

Jane <BR> <BR>We returned from Dubai last week. We stayed at the Royal Mirage, which was a perfectly nice beach hotel. We could not (unfortunately) get a room in the Ritz Carlton, which I would have preferred. I was not a fan of either the Burj or the Jumeirah Beach Hotel - too big and noisy for me, but a friend of ours stayed at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel at the same time and loved it. <BR> <BR>The restaurants in Dubai are OK, but not spectacular. Al Iwan at the Burj is quite nice. The restaurants at yhe Ritz Carlton are good and Sphinx atv the Wafi Centre was pleasant. <BR> <BR>None of them are cheap though - expect to pay at least $100 for a decent meal, and wine is VERY expensive - about $50 for a poor bottle of wine, $100 for mediocre champagne. Arabic/Lebanese food is probably best. Shellfish was generally disappointing - very dry etc. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 12:27 AM
Ursula

Tot the top for Mike