Flight suggestions

Apr 20th, 2005, 02:02 PM
Original Poster

Flight suggestions

I was thinking of taking my father to Israel. He hasn't done a lot of travelling, so if we can hit another country for a 3-4 day stopover (perhaps in Europe), that would be great. I also thought it could break up the trip (we are coming from LA). Does anyone know a sensible way to do this so you and on what airline? It looks like most flights stop in JFK or Newark.
Apr 21st, 2005, 04:09 AM
sandi

Of course you can always stop in NYC (via JFK) for a few days, but it will still be 12-hrs onward to TLV. You might consider flying direct from LAX to AMSterdam as a European stop-over. It's a small compact city, easy to get around (by foot or tram) and a wealth of history, culture, museums and restaurants. From here the ongoing flight should be about 5-hours. AMS is a hub city for KLM (which is a Northwest partner); I'm KLM offter no-stop to AMS, and from there continuing/connecting flights to TLV.

Go to the KLM website - www.klm.com
- select Timetables
- select departure from LAX
- select arrival at TLV
- input your departue and return dates
- the KLM daily schedule will appear

Of course, you may choose London or Paris, but I felt AMS would be less of a "big city" and easier to get around and enjoy quite a bit in 3-4 days at your leisure, before continuing to your final destination. You can also arrange hotel accommodation and airport transfers thru KLM when booking the tickets.

We did a 2-day stop in AMS on our way to Kenya/Tanzania and was a perfect break for us. On the return we flew back direct. But I believe you can only have a break in your itinerary in just one direction. Check with the airline to verify.

Apr 21st, 2005, 10:16 AM

We actually had a stopover in Amsterdam on the way to and back from Tanzania & Kenya in Feb of this year with KLM.
J
Apr 21st, 2005, 08:56 PM

Flying from the US to Israel with a European airline company is a great opportunity to visit Europe...

Fly Air France, and visit Paris, Fly British Airways and visit London, Fly Swiss and visit Zurich and the Alps....

So, yes, if you want relaxation, go KLM, and enjoy relaxed Amsterdam, but if you (or your father) haven't been in Paris, this is your opportunity....

Search this Thread