Flight booking - warning

Aug 9th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Flight booking - warning

This is a warning about two travel organisations in the UK.
I researched cheap flights to Turkey in April and thought I had come with the ideal bargain - £508 including meals and taxes for 2 return tickets from London to Dalaman. Although I used www.skydeals.co.uk the ticket was being offered by a company called GOLDTRAIL LTD. I booked the ticked in April and the flight was for July 25th 2005. I paid in full online.

On the Wednesday before the Monday flight - I was called by Skydeal and told that the flight hda been cancelled by the plane operator - Monach - and would I take an alternative 14 hours later - I refused since I was only going for a week and losing an entire day seemed unreasonable. I asked for time to consider my options. I phoned Monarch who told me that there never was a flight at the time I had been quoted and that they had not in fact cancelled any flight !

On calling Skydeals back and confronting them with this information they denied any knowledge - but came up with an 'alternative' flight that was at exactly the same time and would cost £110 more.

Given that there were only a few days to go to the flight I was forced to pay the £110 more.

Well done Skydeals and Goldtrail Ltd - I invite you to draw your own conclusions..
Aug 9th, 2005, 12:56 PM

Are either skydeals or Goldtrail bonded? If so, report them and see if it helps.

If not, erm... there's a reason it's worth paying slightly more to buy from reputable, bonded operators...

Thanks for sharing the advice though, I think it's a warning for any of us not to get so caught up on price we disengage our wariness.

Search this Thread