To Go or not to Go to Israel and Egypt

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 04:15 PM
Jackie

To Go or not to Go to Israel and Egypt

We booked a tour(last September)to Israel and Egypt in March but are not sure if we should still go go because of all the fighting in Israel. Haven't heard from anyone who has been to these areas recently and I would like to hear your feelings on this. Help!!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 10:24 PM
me

Just got back from Egypt and it was perfectly fine. Don't know about Israel at the moment because things can change at a instant and March is a bit far away. At the moment, it's just a matter of being at the wrong place at the wrong time, ie the percentages are that you would be safe and fine provided that you avoid most of the WB, Gaza, the old city on Fridays, etc. Of course in this part of the world there is a CHANCE that the whole region could ignite (ie including Egypt) by March, it's still a bit soon to tell. If you were a friend or mine, I would just say hang on, and understand that cancellation policies, etc.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 02:51 AM
Riche

Hi Jackie
We are tour operators in Middle East and Africa and I have just returned from a 2 week trip in Egypt and Jordan. These two countries are safe and friendly and we are still arranging travel here for 40+ persons each week.
Israel is different. As a tour operator I would not recommend Israel at present.
Please visit our website
www.tourism.to
and write if you need more info.
Best wishes
Riche

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 07:13 AM
Patricia

Spent part of November in Egypt. Nothing going on there that anyone needs to worry about. Perfectly safe.

Tour groups are not (or at least weren't then) taking people to Israel. All trips there were cancelled when we were over there and friends of mine went on a cruise in Dec./Jan. and their Israeli side trip was cancelled.

Any reputable tour agency will probably cancel Israel as they want to keep their people safe, unless the thinking is that the country is safer now than a couple of months ago.

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 07:34 AM
Jay

January 28th we left for our trip to Israel and it was cut short after three days. We are waiting for our refund but a travel agent told us it could take 8-12 weeks. Do you think they will pay us an interst? I would say you need to wait Jackie until things get better over there. And some travel agent, for instance jordan holidays, will tell you go regardless what a situation is. Our Egypt part of the trip was safe and wonderful.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Joey

Just returned from Egypt. We were on a Globus tour, we had security guards with us everywhere we went. We left Cairo about a week ago. We felt safe in Egypt, the situation in Israel should not stop people from going to Egypt. The numbers of people visith Egypt are down right now so it is actually a good time to go, as the major attractions are not teaming with people.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 09:29 AM
Khalil

Hi,
I am a tour guide from Israel.
It is safe to travel to Israel. The places where there are fightings are away from where we take the tourists to.
I recommend that you come and visit, because there are only few groups around and there will be no rush and no pushing