First Trip: South Africa or Tz/Kenya

Oct 20th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Joan

First Trip: South Africa or Tz/Kenya

Had started research was planning trip to Tanzania/Kenya (Ng. Crater, Serengetti, Taranagire, etc. for my husband and myself. Coincidentally, a club we belong to and travel with is planning a trip to South Africa and Botswana the same time. Decision: travel with companions and miss Tanzania? My main interest is wildlife viewing. Any input on pros and cons of which country is better to visit for a first timer would be appreciated.

Oct 21st, 2002, 08:00 AM
rnr

Can only say you do not want to miss Botsawana - suggest a fly-in to Mombo Camp in the Okavanga Delta. Look at the Wilderness Safaris offereings. In SA, the porivate lodges adjacent to Kruger NP offer decent game viewing, but generally not large herds. The Natal area is nice, for example, Phinda Reserve. Everywhere you'll see the so-called Big Five. But Botswana is magic, especially when based at Mombo.

Nov 18th, 2002, 04:48 AM
leilatvili

we spent ten nice days in botswana, but Tanzania was spectacular in every way. Do not miss Tarangire, Ngorongoro, Serengeti, meeting maasai, and perhaps mahale mountains to see the chimps, you can also add on zanzibar very easily. check out the travel agent we used, Tracey at www.intotanzania.com Most people we saw were on private safaris which are actually more affordable than the group ones.

Search this Thread