First timer to Africa?

Feb 9th, 2004, 06:46 AM
Original Poster

First timer to Africa?

I usually post on Europe Posts quite regularly. After watching the Today show this morning, I am thinking that an Africa trip to Botswana might be something I'd be interested in.

Looking for some recommendations for a solid Tour company that specializes in medium priced tours to Botswana. Interetsed in Hotel accomodations along with an emphasis on Wildlife.

Any thoughts?

Mark
Feb 9th, 2004, 06:55 AM

Mark,

There has been quite a bit of Botswana talk on the forum the last couple days with some very good information exchanged. I suggest you scroll down the subjects and read over the subjects and just start researching the places discussed.

Personally, right now I have my heart set on Kwando (www.kwando.com), but I am a flake when it comes to these things so who knows where I will want to go tomorrow.

Take a look at the Kwando website, as well as the Wilderness-Safaris website (www.wilderness-safaris.com). You shouldn't even talk to a tour operator until you really know where you are interested in staying.

You will find that we are a very giving community here and you should be able to get a lot of feedback once you start asking specific questions.

Good luck and welcome to the Africa board.
Feb 9th, 2004, 12:49 PM
sandi

Winnepeg -

Read the posts here from the last year, if not further back - for East Africa (Kenya & Tanzania) and Southern Africa (SA, Botswana, Zambia, Namibia and yes, Zimbabwe). Also, get to a bookstore and buy or read in the store more details on each of these destinations.

On the boards here you will find many tour operators listed - some in-country (East Africa and/or Southern Africa), in Europe, in the States, even in Canada. Check their sites, see what type of tours they offer, places they visit, lodging, and costs.

Then, if you're not totally confused, come back with questions and I can guarantee you will get many answers and opinions. But remember, it has to be your vacation, not mine or anyone elses. Welcome aboard!

Search this Thread