First-timer taxi Eilat airport to hotel

Jun 28th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

First-timer taxi Eilat airport to hotel

Hi
I will be taking a taxi from the Eilat airport to the Herod's Palace hotel. Any special tips or suggestions about taking a taxi from the airport? Are they metered?
Jun 28th, 2005, 12:59 PM

I'm not trying to be rude but if you can afford to stay at Herods why care how much the taxi costs?
Jun 28th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Since you know nothing about me or my circumstances please don't presume to know what I care about or don't.
I will say that I don't seek out being ripped off, I like knowing what to expect, and, as I clearly said, any special tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I asked politely. You may not have been trying, but you were indeed rude.
Jun 28th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

I also see that you're using your alias for the first time to respond to my email. Seems to me that you knew very well you were being rude and you decided to hide.
Jun 28th, 2005, 01:55 PM

My apologies. I was actually trying to be a little funny. Over on the TT where I usually post people are a little more easygoing.
I've never been to Elat but in the rest of Israel it's easier to agree on a price. I don't believe the airport is very far from the hotels
Jun 28th, 2005, 02:19 PM

Topping for elaine, maybe someone has an answer to the question asked?
Jun 28th, 2005, 06:03 PM

elaine,

The distance between the airport and the Herods (or 95% of Eilat's other hotels) is so short, I wouldn't worry about it.... It's practically no more than a 5 minute drive... Yes, the taxis are metered (if I remember correctly) and if you have luggages they may charge a few extra Shekels.

But, again, it's so indignificant, I'd not wory about it.
Jun 29th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

thanks for giving me a sense on how far the hotels are and what to expect
Jul 1st, 2005, 09:01 AM
eri

Elaine,

Eilat's hotel district is "touching" the airport. It is so near that sometimes you feel like the planes are landing right on the roofs. Herods is the the last hotel. The taxis are metered , and I believe it shouldn't cost you more than 15-20 shekels (about 4.6 shekels to 1 dollar). As a matter of fact, the taxi is the most popular form of transportation in Eilat (if you don't have a car of your own). Don't hesitate using them. It is really not expensive and using them makes life much easier and pleasant in the awful hot weather.
Enjoy your stay.

Search this Thread