First-time traveler

Jan 14th, 2000, 11:47 PM
Stephanie

First-time traveler

I am planning a trip with a friend to Africa for 4-8 months next year, going through (possibly) Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Tanzania, Kenya and eventually ending up back in South Africa for the final several months of the stay. I'm looking for info about how much money I should plan to have (I'm on the extreme end of budget travel), non-tourist-trap places to visit, safety issues, political climates, places to stay, transportation within and between countries (plane? train? bus?)...basically everything. I'm still in the original stages of planning, so I'm very open to suggestions. I'd really appreciate any advice or ideas that you could give me!

As I only access the Web sporadically, I'd really appreciate being contacted by email @ [email protected] as well as on the thread. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Stephanie

Jan 28th, 2000, 11:47 AM
Dave

Hi Stephanie, my partner, daughter & myself are going to Zimbabwe middle of May this year. I found lots of info at http://www.lonelyplanet.com.au/dest/atr/zim.htm & .com.au/letters/atr/zim)_pc.htm

I have actually downloaded thi info, if you have any trouble, email me & I'll send to you.

You say you are going next year, presumably you mean 2001? If so, mail me in June & I'll let you know how we got on.
Dave

Search this Thread