First time to Morocco (Fes-Meknčs)

Old Nov 21st, 2020, 11:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time to Morocco (Fes-Meknčs)

Hello everyone, I booked a ticket to Fes, Morocco coming February. I do hope Covid will be manageble by then.

This will be my first time to Morocco. I intend to stay a week and would like to go to Meknčs the second day. Does anyone have tips for me? I'm a single male in his 40s from NW-Europe. Any tips and advice will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
HBH
Old May 5th, 2021, 08:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a little late, but I am suspecting that you did not get to Morocco this past February.

We were in Morocco quite a while back, but some of the comments might still be valid. I would split the time between Fez and Meknes, as both cities offer outings that are worth their while. From Fez you can go to Azrou which has a large outdoor market, in those days at the edge of town. It's a whole day trip as the bus ride took a few of hours each way, starting at 6 a.m. Another place to visit is Sefrou.

From Meknes you might want to visit the Roman ruins of Volubilis and the town of Moulay Idriss. We had a guide for Meknes, which I highly recommend. Step out of your hotel and you will be surrounded by men offering guide services. For our two or three days in Meknes we had the same guide.

We had a guide for one day in Fez.

The pictures follow our trip sequence, hence Marrakesh at the beginning:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjoUVige

Get a guidebook to plan your stay.