first hand TZ camp info

Jan 17th, 2006, 10:18 PM
aby
Original Poster

first hand TZ camp info

Hi All
need some info (from location, room, food to overall impression) on the following:
Eunoto Retreat
Olakira Camp
Kigongoni Lodge
Has anybody stayed in Kisima Ngeda ?
lots of ThamX in advance
aby
Jan 18th, 2006, 09:32 AM

Marynus stayed at Eunoto and you can find his trip report with comments here (the report itself is hilarious) - http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...4&tid=34683315

I believe Eben has stayed at or visited these camps. Hopefully he'll see this post soon.
Jan 18th, 2006, 03:11 PM

Yes, I have (except for Olakira which is brand new).

Eunoto - big rooms, very comfortable big beds with fluffy pillows inside the mossie net, glass doors can be a bit noisy in wind. Food is good and dinner is romantic in one of 2 dining rooms (open) with musical entertainment next to the pool. Maasai staff is friendly. Location is far from game-viewing areas but good if you just want to relax and mix with the staff and locals.

Kigongoni - nice views. Rooms are large but impersonal although the fireplaces are nice. Hilly terrain with quite a bit of uphill walking between rooms so not recommended for the unfit. Food is good. Location is outside Arusha and can be a problem if you expect to walk around town.

Kisima Ngeda - surprisingly nice and pleasant oasis amongst palm trees amidst the dry area next to the Lake. Excellent base from where to explore the Bushman and other local cultures. Very dusty 2 hour drive to get there. The natural pool is really special. Rooms are nice with an island feel. Food is basic. Popular with younger, energetic tour groups but worth a visit.

You can see locations and pics on www.go-safari.com

Jan 18th, 2006, 10:58 PM
aby
Original Poster

THANKS Eben & Patty
Eben - i have a (software?) problem with opening google earth. pity - can't see your maps yet.

Could u specify the location of Eunoto?
i understand it's out of the park though can't find it on the Manyara map: got the harms-IC-verlag 1:100,000
bought last august
aby

Search this Thread