First Class Sleeping Train Question

Apr 3rd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

First Class Sleeping Train Question

We will be in Cairo later this month and will be visiting Luxor and Aswan after a few days in Cairo. We have inflexibility in dates (we are attending a wedding in Cairo so have to be there specific dates), so on our way back we will be taking the night train in Luxor and getting into Cairo around 530AM. We have a flight back home same day at 1015AM. If the train is upto an 90 minutes late we will be ok, but if any more late, we may miss our flight. Our Egyptian tour company tells us the trains are always on time, but I am still nervous.

Can people who have taken the Sleeping Train share with me their experience- was it on time? If delayed, by how long?

Thanks!
Apr 7th, 2006, 04:03 AM

I've taken the train several times from Cairo to Luxor and from Aswan to Cairo and never had any problems with it being late. Your biggest problem maybe street traffic. If you're getting off at Ramis train station, you might run into traffic trying to get out to the airport.
Apr 8th, 2006, 10:51 PM

I agree that the train is pretty much on time and that your biggest worry might be getting from the station to the airport although that time of morning the traffic nightmare will be coming into the city, not leaving it. You might look into getting off the train at the Giza station instead of Ramses. The Ring Road is an easy shot straight from Giza station around to the airport.

Search this Thread