final itinerary -- comments?

Feb 28th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

final itinerary -- comments?

Rocco, we are going to Zambia because of you. I had thought of South Africa but it was way too expensive so I had shelved the idea until one day I happened to look at this board and saw your posts. We decided to do Zambia but I wanted a stop in Cape Town so we are doing both.

The final itinerary goes as follows:

depart Atlanta Sept 22 and arrive in Cape Town on the 23rd.

We are staying in Cape Town for 3 nights in order to get with Selwyn as we think touring with him will be worth it and he was not available in October.

On the 26 we will fly to Zambia and on to Kasaka River Lodge -- once again chosen because you so highly recommended it and it was so much less than the other camps. We can spend 2 more days by staying here over Sausage Tree or Chiawa.

On the 29th we go to Kaingo for 3 nights , then on to their sister camp Mwamba for 3 nights.

Wanting to end up in a luxurious camp, we chose Puku Ridge for the final 2 nights. Thought it would be nice to leave Zambia like that.

On the 7th of October, we fly back to Cape Town and have 4 nights there. We leave to come back on the 11th and arrive home on the 13th.

I would have stayed 4 nigths in Cape Town first and 3 nights at the end but Kaingo was not available on the 2 of October and we thought Puku Ridge would be nicer than Kasaka. Otherwise we could have ended at Kasaka.

So what do you think?
Feb 28th, 2005, 10:38 AM

The areas that you have chosen in Zambia should provide you with an enjoyable and game-rich holiday.

Can't comment on the specific camps, but the region of S. Luangwa where the camps are is a good one--Nsefu. It might be a nice experience to walk to Mwamba from Kaingo, since you have 3 days at both locations. I saw where it is a 3-hour walk. You should have a great trip and I'm going to keep that Kaingo-Mwamba combo in mind, thanks to your itinerary.
Feb 28th, 2005, 12:10 PM

mpkp,

I think you have chosen a fabulous itinerary. Take comfort in the fact that you have done very well with the itinerary and you have chosen some great places.
Feb 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM

I don't know what you have in mind for your final 4 nights in Cape Town, but the Luxury Link 4 night package at the Twelve Apostles would be a HEAVENLY way to end your holiday!

www.luxurylink.com

Search this Thread