Ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta & ATM's

Apr 9th, 2002, 05:08 AM
Shannon

Ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta & ATM's

Hi! Our family of 4 will be traveling from Algeciras to Ceuta via car ferry in the end of June (2002) and will be wanting to get an early ferry & bring our car. My questions: Do we need to pre-purchase tickets in order to get an early ferry? (doesn't have to be the first one of the day ...) Do we need to arrive an hour ahead of departure? What about customs upon arrival (departure coming back)? Also, same question for return trip - pre-purchase/arrive early, etc.? Any tips on this are appreciated. (I HAVE read websites and most are in Spanish ...) Also, looks as though the fares are about $15-20 per person and $about $60 for the car each way - is that about right? Any other fees/taxes at border crossing, etc. that we need to be aware of?

Also, getting $ in Morocco: The websites for ATM's (both Visa & Mastercard) show ATM's in Ceuta & Teutoun (sp?). First, can we get dirham in Ceuta (or right outside the "gates") from ATM? I assume bringing some Euros (and maybe a couple traveler's checks?) with us is prudent as a back up. We will be staying/base camp in Cabo Negro/M'diq area (timeshare for one week) and would like to be able to access an ATM in that area without having to drive into Teutoun. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

We will be traveling to Meknes, Fez & visit Volubulis, as well as hitting the Kenitra area -- My husband lived in Morocco for 2 years in the 70's and speaks some Arabic, so we won't be totally clueless!

If you can't tell, I like to be prepared & do my homework. : ) Thanks to all for your help!

Apr 14th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Topper

ttt

Search this Thread