Feedback on these tour operators

Jan 21st, 2006, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Feedback on these tour operators

Does anyone have any experiences with Raylenne Safaris, Mxploresafaris and Africa Travel Centre? I am waiting to receive a quote for a Kenya and Tanzania itinerary from Africa Travel Centre, but have already received a quote from Raylenne and Mxplore. There is however, a $1200 difference in price for the exact itinerary, with one exception, Raylenne is willing to drive over the border from Kenya into Tanzania, but Mxplorer will fly. Should I be leary of crossing the border in vehicles? Also, is there anyway one outfitter will match or beat another? I have heard about Raylenne from this forum, but nothing of the other 2. Raylenne has also said that there is only 1 airline that will take us from Nairobi to Kigali roundtrip, Rwandair. (We were planning on doing a gorilla safari leaving Nairobi on Sunday,July 9.) I thought Kenyair flew there too. Is he wrong? Do I have any recourse if they say they can book the tented camps we want, but end up in another? Would we find this out when we get there or soon after our deposit? Could we get our deposit back if we are not interested in the ones they decide to book? Thanks.

Search this Thread