Favorite restaurant in Cairo & Luxor?

Feb 14th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Favorite restaurant in Cairo & Luxor?

What are your favorite restaurants in Cairo and Luxor? Thanks!
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:44 PM

I don't know if I can go so far as to say "favorite" = but here are some we liked in Cairo...

The indian restaurant at the Mena House is wonderful - great atmosphere and food. I can't remember the name but several posters on this forum have mentioned it.

There is a really good Thai restaurant in the older Four Seasons.

The newer Four Seasons (on the Nile) has a good sushi/seafood restaurant.

If you're looking for more authentic "egyptian" food - can't help there but I'm sure some other folks can.

Can't make any recommendations in Luxor. Whenever we were there, we either ate at the hotel or on the cruise.
Feb 15th, 2006, 12:13 AM

In Luxor, after multiple visits, we have found that the food at the Movenpick Hotel Jolie on Crocodile Island, particularly the buffet (with the exclusion of "Mexican" night) seems to be the best in town. It is one of the few places in Egypt where I feel safe eating the salads as we have never been sick or had upset tummies after our meals. (This is also one of our favorite hotels in Egypt.)
Feb 15th, 2006, 03:33 AM

I agree with Fayum on the Movenpick in Luxor. That's where we stayed on our first visit and it was very good.

I didn't think to recommend it because it is a little ways out of town and would require a taxi. But it would be a good option for a hotel if you're going to be there a few days - wonderful place.

Search this Thread