FANCOURT HOTEL :info needed

Dec 8th, 2002, 06:23 AM
Jane

FANCOURT HOTEL :info needed

I would welcome any information people have on the FANCOURT HOTEL GEORGE. We are wondering if it is reasonably peaceful, whether the rooms are nice and if the various restaurants are any good. Any infromation from people who have stayed or eaten there would be very welcome. Thanks

Dec 8th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Selwyn Davidowitz

Hi Jane,

Fancourt is in a wonderful setting as far as hotels are concerned making it a very peaceful place to stay. The rooms are well appointed however the restaurants are not good at all relative to what is available in the surrounding areas. Generally I would only recommend that those who play golf stay there because if you dont play the game you will feel out of place in the establishment as it is this theme that runs through the hotel as an ongoing thread. Btw if you do play golf then I must add that the 4 golf courses truly are excellent to play on.

All in all I have had visitors who have travelled with me who did not play golf who stayed there and they did not enjoy the establishment; I have also had visitors who play golf who stayed there who not only enjoyed the hotel but have already returned to the establishment.

The choice is yours too make.

Have great fun on the Garden Route as it is a wonderful place to travel too. Marvellous scenery and very hospitable people. Enjoy.

Selwyn Davidowitz

Search this Thread