family with chilren safari

Nov 13th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

family with chilren safari

We are planning a family safari with children ranging from ages 6-13. Our children are out of school the first two weeks of October so we are hoping to find a great safari during that time. We of course want to see lots of animals, and are very interested in the cultural aspect, meeting children, visiting some villages. Does anyone have recommendations for countries, we were thinking Tanzania or Kenya. I would also love recommendations for which tour guides. We would like to combine some camping and hotels. Thanks for the responses!!!!
Nov 14th, 2005, 02:58 AM

We went to Kenya last October with African Safari Club, and visited Tsavo East & West, and ASC's private Kimana reserve. Although we didn't see any rhino, we saw the rest of the big 5, plus countless zebra, antelope of various kinds, giraffe, and lots of birds. Good time to go.
Nov 14th, 2005, 06:41 AM

Check out the "Family Travel in Tanzania" posting on this forum. It's full of info about doing safaris with kids - including a long post by me.We did Kenya and Tanzania and had a blast.
Nov 14th, 2005, 03:51 PM

jdavies:

The only thing I would suggest is that you be sure your tour operator double checks with each lodge and camp you are interested in about the age requirement for children. I know there are places where no child under the age of 12 will be allowed due to safety reasons.

Jan

Search this Thread