Family trip in South Africa

Mar 8th, 2003, 02:37 AM
Original Poster

Family trip in South Africa

We are planning on traveling to South Africa the last couple weeks of April with two children ages 8 and 12. We would like to stay on farms/guesthouses where the children can be comfortable. Any suggestions in Capetown/wine area and along the Garden Route/coast area? Thanks!
Mar 8th, 2003, 04:58 AM

Hi Patinegypt,

I am no expert when to finding the perfect place for children when it comes to accommodation in Cape Town and the Garden Route. The only suggestions that I could make to you would be as follows:

Cape Town.
----------
Houtkapperspoort http://www.houtkapperspoort.co.za/

Not a farm but a venue that is self catering and is in a wonderful rural setting. Children have great fun running around in the huge open spaces of the establishment.

Garden Route
------------
Eight Bells Mountain Inn www.eightbells.co.za

This farm is renowned for being a paradise for children. Families spend days on these farms enjoying the animals and general farm life. I would say that this venue is an absolute must.

Due to the fact that the above places are very child friendly one finds that lots of other children (mainly local) also visit these establishments and that all the kids have great fun together.

When it comes down to what to do in Cape Town and the Garden Route then there is much to tell however as opposed to doing this in a mail may I suggest that when or if you visit the above venues you simply ask the local management to guide you through what children activities in the area they recommend. You will fall on you back in amazement when you see how much there truly is to be done.

Hope that you AND your children enjoy our great country.

Selwyn Davidowitz.
[email protected]

Search this Thread