Extended Travel Advice

Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Extended Travel Advice

Hello, this is my first post!
so I'm traveling to Mozambique for 3 months and then immediately following I'm going to British Columbia, Canada for another 3 months! yep I am to excited to sit still

I am in the hunt for a proper sturdy duffel bag that will be able to withstand my wear and tear. I am mainly looking for a Duffel with wheels because I am a very small person and I have to lug 50 lbs of my life with me for the next 6 months.

I am also looking for some good travel shoes. if you have any suggestions for brands they will me much appreciated. I'm not going to me hiking but I will be walking almost everywhere.

If any of you experienced travelers have any advice about this kind of trip I would love to hear it!

Thanks in advance!
Maria
Jul 4th, 2013, 12:09 AM

good one
Jul 4th, 2013, 09:05 AM

In which country do you live? Would help in directing you.

If in the States, there is REI, a site as www.ebags.com, even your local Target or TJMaxx or a luggage shop. And depends on how much you want to spend. Do remember that bags with wheels, weigh a few lbs (can be as much as 8/lbs) even before you place clothing inside.

I'd also check with your international airlines, their weight limit for checked bags, assuming you'll be flying as a 'coach' (steerage) passenger, where max weight is often only 40/lbs. Any weight in excess can be assessed sizeable fees.

Also in Moz, if taking any small planes, these also have weight limits with some as little as 20/lbs only, others maybe 30/lbs.

You might have to give serious thought as to what you 'must' pack, depending on seasons as sure Moz will be way hotter than if/when in Canada (season dependent). I'm also sure that when in Moz you can have laundry done at very reasonable costs and if so, you don't require all that many changes of clothing. Might be a bit different in Canada... prices, no doubt, higher. Or you wind up doing lots of hand laundry.

Sorry, can't help with shoes good for walking.

Search this Thread