explore safaris

Feb 16th, 1998, 06:38 AM
sandy matthews

explore safaris

Has anyone heard of "explore" safaris ? I am looking to plan my own itinerary in Namibia, Botswana, and South Africa this summer. any Recommendations for lodges in Botswana ?

Feb 17th, 1998, 09:07 AM
Penelope

Can't tell you anything about "explore safaris," but I can suggest Nata Lodge in Botswana, a pleasant oasis of palm trees at the Maun turnoff between Gaborone and Kasane. Also, the Ichinga Lodge just across the Chobe River in Namibia from Kasane is excellent. There, rather than competing with the Land Rovers at Chobe, you view the elephants, crocs, and so forth from a boat. It gives a different perspective to animal life. In Botswana, beware of speed traps. In the middle of nowhere, the speed limit will suddenly drop from 120 KM to 70 KM and there may be two policemen with a radar gun aimed at you right where the speed changes. I had to pay an $18 fine on the spot last May and one officer's parting words were, "watch out for the speed traps."

Feb 17th, 1998, 09:08 AM
Penelope

Can't tell you anything about "explore safaris," but I can suggest Nata Lodge in Botswana, a pleasant oasis of palm trees at the Maun turnoff between Gaborone and Kasane. Also, the Ichinga Lodge just across the Chobe River in Namibia from Kasane is excellent. There, rather than competing with the Land Rovers at Chobe, you view the elephants, crocs, and so forth from a boat. It gives a different perspective to animal life. In Botswana, beware of speed traps. In the middle of nowhere, the speed limit will suddenly drop from 120 KM to 70 KM and there may be two policemen with a radar gun aimed at you right where the speed changes. I had to pay an $18 fine on the spot last May and one officer's parting words were, "watch out for the speed traps."

Search this Thread