Experts: Please look at my itinerary

Mar 13th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Experts: Please look at my itinerary

I have been reading posts on this forum for months, and I think I have learned enough from you to create a decent itinerary. Before I send it out for quotes, please let me know what you think. I plan on traveling with my husband and son in June of next year. Thanks so much!

Day 1)
Arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, overnight Serena Mountain Village
Day 2)
Transfer to Tarangire National Park, overnight Kikoti with night game drive.
Day 3)
Full day Tarangire National Park, overnight Kikoti.
Day 4)
Proceed to Ngorongoro Crater, afternoon game drive, overnight Ngorongoro Sopa. (Is one night enough?)
Day 5)
Early morning game drive in Crater, proceed to Serengeti Serena with stop at Olduvai Gorge.
Day 6)
Game drive, proceed to Kirawira, overnight.
Day 7)
Full day Serengeti, overnight Kirawira.
Day 8)
Full day Serengeti, overnight Kirawira.
Day 9)
Fly Grumeti Airstrip to Zanzibar, overnight Tembo House.
Day 10)
Tembo House overnight.
Day 11)
Transfer to Matemwe Bungalows, overnight.
Day 12)
Matemwe Bungalows, overnight.
Day 13)
Transfer Matemwe to Stonetown for outbound flight. Fly Zanzibar to Dar Es Salaam International Airport

In addition to your critique of my itinerary, I hope that someone may be able to tell me how accomodations will be arranged so that my son will be able to stay in the room with my husband and myself. Will there be a cot, extra bed? Will there be mosquito netting for it, or should we bring our own?

Mar 13th, 2005, 12:11 PM
sandi

Welcome to Africa. You've designed a very good itinerary from the information gathered from your fellow Africaphiles.

As to accommodations, you should be able to get "triples" for your family, but as to whether particular lodges/camps provide an extra bed, or cot, or two full-size, king-size beds... will be specific to the accommodations, so ask.

Regarding mosquito nets, you won't need these at the lodges - they're closed, and often air conditioned, though some provide netting as "atmosphere." You should find mosquito netting at all the camps. The same holds true for the accommodations in Zanzibar. But again, be specific and ask these questions.

One night should be sufficient for your time at the Crater, especially since you plan to do both a late afternoon and following morning Crater tour.

It's looking good, keep us posted as your receive prices and should other questins arise.

Mar 13th, 2005, 12:47 PM

What a great family trip! The safari part looks wonderful. Never be Zanzibar, so no comment there.

Triple should be no problem, especially planning as far in advance as you are.

Search this Thread