Experience with Lets Go Safaris?

Apr 26th, 2001, 06:55 AM
Chris

Experience with Lets Go Safaris?

After sending out several emails to many different Nairobi Safari Companies, and several hours of research on the Internet. I am most impressed with Let's Go Safari. I told them where I wanted to stay and the custom itinerary they have put together for me includes several flights between the longer distances and overland on the other portions of the journey. This I like!!

Has anyone dealt with them before?

They have quoted me $1795 per person
Day 1: Nairobi Hotel Boulevard (budget hotel at my request)
Day 2: fly to Amboseli and stay at Amboseli Serena Lodge
Day 3: Return flight to Nairobi and begin private overland tour to Lake Nakuru-overnight at Sarova Lion Hill Lodge
Day 4: drive to Mt Kenya, stay at Mountain Lodge Treetops
Day 5: drive to Samburu, stay at Samburu Serena Lodge
Day 6: Samburu Serena Lodge
Day 7: flight from Nanyuki to Masai Mara, overnight at Siana Springs Camp
Day 8: Siana Springs Camp
Day 9: time for a morning game drive before catching a late morning flight back to Nairobi.

Every other company I contacted quoted me about the same price or just $100-300 less (one even more!), staying at the same places but without the advantage of flights.

As a side note while doing my research I noticed that several American based agents seemingly contract with Nairobi based companies anyway to do the actual tours. So why on earth would anyone want to pay a middle man when they can book direct?

Apr 26th, 2001, 03:57 PM
Deb

Hi Chris,

I'm in the same boat as you. I have been researching frantically for a trip I'm planning for 3 of us in October.

I haven't contacted Let's Go as of yet but I am impressed that they are locally available in both Nairobi and Arusha (we are still deciding whether we want to split our safari over two countries or not.

If you are going sometime sooner than me, please let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

Apr 27th, 2001, 05:34 AM
buck

I just returned from Kenya and we used Go Ahead Vacations Kenya Safari and were very pleased with the whole trip, not one glich happened. The lodges were clean and comfortable, safe, food was outstanding and driver guides were bending over to please us and they also knew where to find the aminals on the game drives. Check out Go Aheads Web site, if you want a great trip to East Africa, Buck

May 8th, 2001, 06:42 AM
rachel sumaria

i have been to africa many times and have used let's go travel before but vintage africa is the best. The family trip they organised for me was brilliant. Their driver/guides are excellent and the service superb. Throughout our tour they kept track of us to ensure that we had a smooth journey. This was important to us as we had children between the ages of seven and ten. I would not hesitate to use them for Kenya/Tanzania. They also do other parts of Africa. see www.vintageafrica.com for further information.

May 13th, 2001, 06:03 PM
Buck

Four wheel drives, the ones I saw in Kenya were without tops for a sun visor, also they ride very rough and if you have to travel far, you are in for a rough ride. To travel between the lodges, the 2 wheel drives that all the tour operators use are just fine. You do get stuck sometimes but they, all the drivers work together and help out if one gets stuck, they are in constant radio contact. The park will send a 4 wheeler to pull you out if its really bad but most of the time with everyone helping you can get out, have fun, Buck

Search this Thread