Experience with Award Planner?

Oct 15th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Experience with Award Planner?

Does anyone on this board have experience using Award Planner?

I have a Botswana/SA itinerary on hold and am hoping that I will be able to book BC or FC tickets using FF miles once I am within 331 days of travel. I've done this many times in the past, but I'm paranoid this time because I need to travel on specific days.

If I have trouble booking tickets myself, I might contact Award Planner if people here had good experiences using their one-time $40 service.
Oct 15th, 2004, 01:21 PM

Ericka,
I've always had luck booking my FF tix myself but then we often book them towards the last minute.

I don't think award aplanner has access to any additional inventory but they have the time and the patience to keep contacting the airline.

I think Roccco used them sometime last year and if I remember correctly they were very helpful in suggesting a stopover, that meant he didn't have to pay for a seperate ticket to Lusaka.

I don't know which alliance you're thinking of using but just to let you know on Star Alliance Lufthansa has now limited the months in advance one can book a trans-atlantic ticket...I think it may now be down from 331 days to 2 months.

Hope that helps!

Search this Thread