Hydrofoils/Ferries between Rhodes and Turkey

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 05:25 PM
Susan

Hydrofoils/Ferries between Rhodes and Turkey

We will be arriving in Rhodes in early September and plan to take a hydrofoil or ferry to Turkey for a few days. Most of the guide books talk about ferries to Marmaris, but I've also heard that there are hydrofoils or ferries between Rhodes and Fethiye. We want to travel to Kalkan and Kas and it looks as though it might be more convenient to go to Fethiye. Does anyone have any information? How often? What days of the week? Thanks.

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 05:22 AM
mike

When we lived in Turkey a couple of years ago we vacationed on Rhodes two years in a row, always taking the hyrdofoil from Marmaris. I do not believe there is any service from Rhodes to Fethiye. (Hard to prove a negative, something could have changed, might be a boat once a week, etc.) However, for the most reliable daily service go to Marmaris. If nothing else, the approach to the harbor with all the mountains surrounding is worth the visit. The boats have a little observation deck amidships where you can to take photos. Don't forget the $45 visa fee for Turkey paid in US dollars cash. Buy your boat tickets the day before at any travel agency in Rhodes town and they should make a copy of your passport pages. Mike

Old Jun 12th, 2000, 08:06 AM
Susan

Thanks Mike, I appreciate the information. Re the visa fee, does it have to be in US dollars? We usually carry some US money because it's more widely accepted than our Canadian dollars, but I wonder what people do from countries other than US or Canada? Does anyone out there know?

Thanks again.

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 02:00 PM
nejat

yes the feries are running daily from
Rhodes to Marmaris sorry Hydofoils
departing Rhodes 16 pm daily
fare is usd 30 plus tax 5 usd.
have to book a day before.
from Marmaeis to Kas Fethiye etc it is very easy communicating by local bus verey confortable
non smoking
and inexpensive
rgds
Nejat
Guide Ephesus

Old Jun 30th, 2001, 02:06 PM
nejat

canadian dollar is also axxaptable for yr visa,
rgds
nejat