Excursions from Cairo???

Jun 23rd, 2001, 07:16 PM
Betty

Excursions from Cairo???

Could anyone tell me about interesting excursions from Cairo? What about Minya or Tel Al-Amarna? I would like to have comments regarding these places, how to get there, by tour or by myself? Hotels where to stay? I go to Egypt in Octuber and I would like to have some additional days at Cairo on my own. Im preparing the itinerary for such days and I would like to have your recommendations about what to do at Cairo. Of course, beyond than the Egyptian Museum, pyramids and Saqqara.
Id really appreciate your comments,

Betty

Jun 25th, 2001, 03:38 AM
Joelle

I think that Tell el Armana is unfortunately located in Middle Egypt, i.e. not accessible to tourists for the time being...
Should you have a few days extra left, I'd suggest you take a flight down to Luxor (one hour flight) and spend those days there, as there are many many interesting sites to see.

Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:58 PM
Betty

Joelle, thanks for you comments. In fact Luxor is in my itinerary after some days in Cairo. I visited Luxor last year, it's a fascinating place with many sites to see. I though in Tel Al-Amarna because of Akhenaton, of course. I have changed my mind, I received comments about it is not very recommended to visit it because it's not currently opened to tourists and it's not very safety. Even though I would like to visit Tel Al-Amarana wheh possible.

Regards,

Betty

Search this Thread