Ethiopian Tour operators

Dec 10th, 2017, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Ethiopian Tour operators

I am thinking of going to Ethiopia next year and will be on my own. I want to arrange a trip with an Ethiopian based tour operator. Can anyone out in Fodorland recommend a tour operator?

Many thanks and happy and safe travels to us all
Feb 19th, 2018, 08:48 AM

Hi, My daughter and I went to Ethiopia 3 years ago with Gamel tours. [email protected]. Sam is the owner. She is very professional and knowledgeable and pleasant to be with. Tell her that Patti and Amy recommended you to her.
You will be well taken care of!
Feb 21st, 2018, 05:23 PM

In 2014 I arranged 9 days touring Lalibela, Bahir Dar & Gonder with Ethiopia Travel & Tours. They were inexpensive, but the hotels were the same ones used by more expensive operators. It was a semi-independent arrangement: they booked domestic flights, arranged for guides in each city, and a driver between Gonder & Bahir Dar. I was alone, and had spent a month volunteering in Adama; the arrangements were made in Addis Ababa. I found them helpful and flexible.
Although I felt safe, even as a woman alone, I would hesitate to book anything while the current state of emergency continues.

Search this Thread