Essaouira hotel on beach?

Feb 27th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Original Poster

Essaouira hotel on beach?

Hi,
We are spending three days in Essaouira in September and have a room at Madada Mogador for the first two days, but they are full the last day. Any suggestions for places to stay the last day? Are there any places to stay that are right on the beach/water? Or any places that run mini surf camps?
Thanks!
Feb 28th, 2006, 08:45 AM

Hi, I'd recommend just turning up and seeing what takes your fancy. We've been to Essaouira a couple of times in peak season and didnt have any problems booking accommodation. Since you've already booked two days you can walk around the town and get a feel for what place you like best. There are quite a few places on the beach - some expensive hotels right on the beach and some quite cheap hotels across the road from the beach. It's a chilled out place (which is a relief after Marrakech) so enjoy your time there!
Mar 20th, 2006, 10:03 AM

Villa Maroc! Not on beach but overlooks the square. If you don't mind walking up stairs ask for top floor which has many terraces with fabulous views--best in town. We paid about $95. Stones throw to cafes and beach. Great staff, service. Everyone recommends it and I now I know why.

Search this Thread