Elephants above Vic Falls

Jan 21st, 2006, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Elephants above Vic Falls

Just arrived at Zambezi Sun mid October 2004. Dropped everything we were in a rush to view the falls. At about the rickety bridge we noticed 5 elephants on top of the falls! We walked back to the zambezi river bank to get a closer look. The local vendors then came running up & informed us that we were standing in the elephants intended path! We retreated slightly & watched these magnificent bull elephants cruise by. Then suddenly another tourist steps in front of the lead elephant for a better picture&%&?? He survived.

I am just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience on the Zambian side of the falls. Unfortunately we did not have a camera to record the event.

Oh on our last day we saw a Cherokee Jeep parked on top of the falls (south African TV ad)
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:13 PM

Sounds incredible -- I hope I see something like that when I get there!

Cheers,
Julian
Jan 21st, 2006, 04:56 PM

Eles at the falls-how cool. Jeep on the falls--yuk.

Wow, what a sight to have elephants at the falls. I was impressed by the wildlife I saw around the falls, but that was baboons, vervets, bushbuck, mongoose.

The elephants surrounded the Vic Falls City Hall when I was there and put a halt to government business for a short time. But no elephants at the falls.

Search this Thread