Search

Morocco Itinerary 7 days

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morocco Itinerary 7 days

I know this is a pretty broad question, but just starting to plan our spring 2013 vacation. We will be in Morocco for only 7 days. We fly into Casablanca and fly out of Rabat. We definitely want to spend at least 1 night in the desert. And we would like to see as many cities/sites as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this done on such a time constraint? Any information is welcomed!
Old Dec 17th, 2012, 07:30 AM
jgg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyway to change your flights so you can fly into Casablanca and out of Marrakech - that would give you the possibility of seeing Marrakech otherwise I think you will need to stay closer to the imperial cities with possible 1/2 night in the desert.
We had 8 nights. We flew into Marrakech and out of Casablanca we had 3 nights in Marakech (one of those was the night we arrived), one night in Ouazarzate on our way to the desert, one night in the desert in a tent, one night in Merzouga and then two nights in Fez. The trip from Fez to Merzouga (desert) is a bit closer than from Marrakech to Merzouga so can be done in a day. I would probably go straight to Fez from Casablanca, stay there 3-4 nights also seeing Meknes and Volubilis while there. Then drive to Merzouga, spend one night in the desert and one night in the town of Merzouga, then spend your last night (or two) in Rabat. We found our extra day in Merzouga very interesting and also gives you some time to relax rather than turn around and start the long drive back right away. Or you could spend two nights actually in the desert tent.

Here is a link to my trip report along with pictures which you may find helpful:
Morocco - http://www.fromhometoroam.com/catego...frica/morocco/