Elderhostel to Morocco??

Feb 15th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Original Poster

Elderhostel to Morocco??

We are 2 women, considering an Elderhostel tour of Morocco in Sept. Has anyone used them to travel, and what was your opinion/experience? They go to Tangier, which we had not planned to visit. Any thoughts about Tangier? Also they do two nights in Erfoud, which we have heard is not that interesting... Has anyone had experience "Modifying" a group tour to satisfy one's own interests. Naturally,we are willing to pay for any changes for us.
Feb 18th, 2006, 08:47 AM

Tangier doesn't have much appeal for me either, but it may be a nice surprise. I think the point of two nights in Erfoud is that it is near the camp site in the Sahara, which is supposedly the highlight of the trip. It's a very long drive from Fez to Erfoud so it's probably an opportunity to rest.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "modifying" the tour. If you mean going off on your own and meeting the group, that's a slim possibility, EH really likes people to participate in their plans. If you mean changing the itinerary, I'd guess no possibility, but you can always check. The itinerary has been published and they've arranged with hotels, lecturers, guides, etc.

You may need something more flexible, perhaps with a small group or even go on your own and hire guides in the cities in which you are interested.

Search this Thread