Search

Egyptian Connection???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 1999, 06:52 AM
Tom Silvia

Egyptian Connection???

We are planning our first trip in Feb 2000 to Cairo/Luxor and are looking for a package for about 10-12 days that combines air, hotel, and a 4-5 day Nile cruise. We have seen net adds for the Egyptian Connection with trips out of JFK at impressive rates. Has anyone out there taken a recent trip with these folks and how was your experience? We would appreciate other recommended packages. Thanx Tom

Old Oct 15th, 1999, 06:01 PM
Ali

Tom, my trip isn't until the end of the year, but it is sounds very much like the one you are describing. I'm going on a Trafalger tour and booked it through a AAA office. Compared with other tours of that length and with the cruise included it was well below the price of other tour companies. Even the single supplement was very reasonble. I was unable to get a flight with them because of the time I'm going (ie Millenium). but they do offer your choice of land only or air and land. I do know they raised their price considerably from the original but it didn't come as a surprise considering the time of the year. They do, I believe, cater to an older group if that makes a difference. Also I did a pretty thorough check on the internet and didn't find any negative remarks. Hope this is some help. <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 03:10 AM
Ali

Thanks Ali, <BR> <BR>I have found another tour organizer called Gate 1, out of Pennsylvania, that offers prices just a bit higher, but still reasonable when compared with the rest. There are many favorable comments on the net from people who have used them. I am a bit uncomfortable using an unknown. <BR>The challenges you face with airfare during the millenium period, may be exaserbated by the fact that Ramaden is celebrated December through early January. If your trip falls within Ramaden you may want to check about special activities occuring during the holiday, and possible limitations in the hours of commercial business activities. (I am told everthing moves slower). <BR>Thanks for your help, and have a great trip. <BR> <BR>Tom

Old Oct 16th, 1999, 03:24 PM
Jodi

I had a wonderful experience with Gate One last February, very attentive, good guides, great tour director, ecellent drive in Cairo (a Must!) They were willing to accomodate my needs and wishes without making a big deal out of it. And I never felt uncomfortable. I had contracted my airfare myself and was actually in Cairo when I met up with them having been in Abu Simbel for Feb. 22.

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 09:35 AM
Rod Rawson

Flew to Cairo with Egyptian Connection <BR>group but never met up again. I had <BR>wanted to talk to them because I originally looked at that internet ad. <BR>I decided not to go because I could <BR>not confirm their reliability. <BR> <BR>I stayed across the street in Cairo <BR>from the hotel (Pyramisa) that they use. <BR>Had my first meal in Cairo there at the <BR>Topkapi (Turkish). Hotel looked nice, but none or very limited view of Nile. <BR> <BR>One of happiest experiences was a few <BR>hours with a Nile view on our last night. Romantic!

Old Oct 17th, 1999, 02:32 PM
Shirl

We had a 10-day package in August from Isram, which was ideal. There was only one other couple with us besides the Egyptologist and the driver. That was probably an isolated instance, but I would definitely recommend Isram. <BR>

Old Oct 18th, 1999, 02:59 AM
Noreen Huber

After looking at brochures for most of the tours to Egypt, I chose Maupintour for an upcoming trip in Feb. It is pricier than some of the others, but they use the Oberoi Philae cruise ship which seems to be quite deluxe and their hotels have a Nile view, and this was important to me. I made my own air arrangements on TWA as they fly direct out of N.Y. I'm really looking forward to this and expect February to be a good month.