EILAT

Aug 2nd, 2000, 11:47 AM
Janice Tarter

EILAT

I am planning a trip to Israel. I will be flying from Tel Aviv to Eilat for 4 nights - Sunday - Thursday. I have names of 4 or 5 hotels given to me by a travel agent in Israel. Has anyone stayed at any of these?
I am looking for positive and/or negative opinions and comments about each of these.

1. Hilton Queen of Sheba
2. Sheraton Moriah
3. Neptune
4. Crowne Plaza Holiday Inn
5. Royal Beach.

Which ones are on the beach?

Aug 2nd, 2000, 10:36 PM
Myriam

Sheraton Moriah and Royal Beach are right at the beach (Moriah nearer to the city centre and has a very good outside brasserie).
Other hotels are at the laguna.
Queen of Sheba is the newest one.

Aug 3rd, 2000, 12:44 PM
Ada

Janice,
The former answer is wrong.
Hilton Queen of Sheba is the newest of them all, and is closer to the beach than all the others. It is a 1st class hotel. As far as quality is concerned, Royal Beach is also an excellent hotel, adjacent to the Queen of Sheba (same beach). Many prefer it on the Hilton, but I guess this is a matter of taste. I personally don't like the Moriah, the Neptune (actually belongs to Howard Johnson) is neither on the beach (though not far) nor on the Laguna. I stated there once, and was disappointed. The Crowne Plaza is on the Laguna.
I would choose between the Hilton and the Royal Beach.
Have a nice trip.
Ada

Aug 4th, 2000, 12:38 AM
Myriam

We loved the Moriah (Moriah Plaza when we were there back in 1996 and not yet belonging to Sheraton group). There is only a walkway between hotelgrounds (with beautiful pool) and the beach. Royal Beach - which was far from finished at the time - may be more attractive now than Neptune & Moriah Beach which are narrow beaches.
As far as I remember they were building Queen of Sheba right at the lunapark ???

Search this Thread