Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   Egyptian Wedding (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/egyptian-wedding-439801/)

masrawy Jun 6th, 2004 10:05 PM

Egyptian Wedding

Hello,

Well, my wedding celebration will be next September, anyone who is in Egypt at that time and wants to have such a new and nice experience would be welcomed.

DBerdat Jun 10th, 2004 04:07 AM

I hope someone takes you up on going to your wedding. We were in Egypt last September and were lucky enough to observe an Egyptian wedding in our hotel in Cairo. It was an unbelieveable site, and we were impressed with all the drummers, etc. Anyone going to Egypt in September, should try and go to this wedding.
Good Luck on your special day!

masrawy Jun 13th, 2004 04:17 AM

Thank u very much for ur nice words..anyway it's an open invitation to anyone who would like to share.

sardog10 Jun 13th, 2004 06:25 PM

Thank-you, Masrawy! We are thinking of going to Egypt this September but are unsure of when. Where is your wedding going to be held and is it this year or next year?

Best wishes for a wonderful married life!

masrawy Jun 13th, 2004 11:38 PM

sardog10, u r welcome, the wedding will be held on the 10th of September this year and it will be one hour from Cairo.

have a good day and thank u for ur good wishes.

CWanderer Jun 15th, 2004 09:45 AM

Masrawy, How very generous of you to invite us strangers to your celebration! I would have loved to attend but I will not be in Egypt till the 21st of September! Hope you have a wonderful wedding and congratulations!

masrawy Jun 16th, 2004 12:18 AM

CWanderer, sorry that u can't attend it..anytime u r welcome anytime. be sure of this.

Thank u very much.

N.B: I'm a local guide in Cairo and always meet with travellers and make friendships with them, so I never thought of them as strangers, u r friends but from another part in our earth.
have a good day.

Suspaul Jul 13th, 2004 12:00 PM

While in Egypt this past December we saw many wedding celebrations going on. There was a beautiful wedding going on in our hotel, the Helnan Shepherd the 2nd night after we arrived. As we were waiting for the elevator to take us to our room we were enjoying the merry making and a young man began to talk to us, he was the cousin of the bride and he invited us up to the Penthouse (or top floor of the hotel) to join the celebration. We told him we would come up a little later (the time now was about 10:00 p.m. and he said they would be partying until 4 or 5 a.m.) and after mulling it around for a bit we decided to join them. This was a beautiful and very large wedding with many people, we were taken into the banquet rooms and seated with the young mans family, don't you know they wondered who in the world we were but he introduced us, gave us a drink and took pics with us as well. We felt we were imposing so we only stayed for 45 minutes or so and then quitely excused ourselves to many hugs and kisses. This was one of MANY highlights of our trip to Egypt. We were treated so well by the Egyptian people, maybe it was due to the fact that we were not part of a tour group but by ourselves most of the time. I would have to say the people definitely made our trip.

gualalalisa Jul 13th, 2004 12:15 PM

Masrawy: What nice sentiments you express! Best wishes from California, U.S.A. on your upcoming nuptials.

Suspaul: Your story reminded me of the several times I have been invited to weddings around the globe - in American Samoa, Germany, Slovakia and Costa Rica.

It is a great way to meet people and learn their about their culture, customs, food, music, etc. What a cool story!

masrawy Jul 14th, 2004 04:36 AM

Suspaul ..u r right..following a tour group may not give u the chance to see all the unique places and meet with alot of locals..

gualalalisa ..thanks alot..it's so kind of u.