Egyptian tour questions ?

Jul 26th, 2000, 03:06 PM
Charlie

Egyptian tour questions ?

Just today my wife booked a 10 day cruise/tour of Egypt.The package includes, what I believe,all the usual sights to see including the trip to Abu Simbel. A couple of questions off the top of my head, how long is the flight from NYC to Cairo? The trip is booked thru Foreign Independent Tours and the five day cruise is with Queen Nabila Cruise Line.Does anyone have any experience with this tour company or cruise line? Any info or advice would be appreciated,thanks in advance!

Aug 2nd, 2000, 02:57 AM
cb

JFK airport to Cairo non-stop is 10 hours. I used Egypt Air.

Aug 2nd, 2000, 06:57 PM
LEANNA

Charlie...does this company take you to Alexandria?? Thanks.

Aug 3rd, 2000, 05:48 AM
Louise

Leanna - I see you are interested in Alexandria. You might consider Maupintour as their tour goes there plus you have a six night cruise. Their prices are more expensive but includes everything - no extras anywhere.

Aug 3rd, 2000, 09:26 AM
michele

Louise,
Did you enjoy Maupintour? We are considering them for an April trip to Egypt.I would appreciate any information, both pro and con.

Thanks,
Michele , a generally independent traveler

Aug 3rd, 2000, 11:51 AM
Charlie

Hi Leanna, the tour that we selected doesn't visit Alexandria.Maybe one of their other tours does,their web site is www.fitnile.com ,check them out.

Aug 3rd, 2000, 01:04 PM
Louise

Message: Michele - we have not done our trip yet. It will be the end of February, beginning of March. There are four of us going. We have done two previous Maupintours and the other couple one. They are a wonderful outfit. I did correspond with a woman through Fodors who had done the trip last spring and enjoyed it immensely. One thing, when I started contacting them about four months ago, their tours to Egypt were already waitlisted until their new prices came which incidentally went down a little. Since then we have made our deposits. We did find we did better arranging the air ourselves and that way you can request the seating you want also. I think, before we decided, I had every different brochure there is available and made a spread sheet with the pro's and con's of each one. Whatever you select, I am sure from what I have heard, the trip will be great.

Search this Thread