Do we need immunizations for Israel and Egypt

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 05:01 AM
Helen

Do we need immunizations for Israel and Egypt

Do we need special immunizations for Israel and Egypt? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR> <BR>Helen

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 06:37 AM
shula

hi Helen, don't know about Egypt but you shouldn't need any for Israel. and the drinking water everywhere is o.k. shula

Old Jan 18th, 2000, 10:45 AM
Lee

Hi Helen, <BR>We are going to Egypt, Israel & Jordan for 3 1/2 weeks this year. All the travel books do recommend various shots. Our local health department (Vancouver Canada) has advised a combination tetanus, polio booster (if you haven't had one in the last 10 years),as well as a hepatitus A vacination. Why don't you call your Public Health Dept. to be sure. Have fun.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 04:24 AM
Myriam

Lee's advice is correct. No other shots or drugs required for Egypt & Israel. <BR>Be careful with what you eat and drink in Egypt. DON'T drink unbottled water or eat unpealed fruits/vegetables.

Old Jan 19th, 2000, 04:44 AM
mm

We did not need any shots when my husband and I went toEgypt and Isarael five years ago. But I would recommend that you get a prescription for diarrhea. We, along with another member of our tour, were careful with what we ate and drank but nevertheless came down with a case of the runs. Immodium should help but the prescription really took care of the problem right away.