Egypt with 3 Children

May 22nd, 1997, 08:05 AM
Marietta Craft

Egypt with 3 Children

I will by travelling to Egypt this Sept. with 3 children 11, 9 and 7 and my mother-in-law. We will be staying in South Sinai the first 7 days at Helnan Royal Beach Resort, and then going to Cairo for 5 days. Does anyone know anything about this particular resort or about the South Sinai area? I could use some advice about travelling there with children. Also, we have an 8 hour lay-over in Amsterdam from 11am to 7pm, any ideas on what we could do to occupy our time, or things to avoid doing? Thanks, from a non-world traveller

Jul 13th, 1997, 02:35 PM
Paula

I have been to the SOuth Sinai several times though not with children. The South Sinai is noted for its excellent dive sights and crystal clearwaters of the Red Sea. The beaches do leave a lot to be desired - most of the time is spent in the water, so why take time to improve the land. Cairo is where the action is for all with the lure of the big city
as well as the Pyramids and the CAMELS which appeal to all people. You could always check your luggage and see the city of Amsterdam - you must be using KLM? I'd check what type of plane they are planning to use on this flight - the last time I flew with them I felt a sardine can with wings was more like what I was in than a modern airplane! You can always switch to another carrier that does not have this 11 hour lay-over - there are several that come to mind! E-mail me at [email protected] for more info!

Search this Thread