Reload this Page >

Help on Abu Simbel visit with Globus Tour

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Lijian

I booked a 12-days Grand tour with Globus Tour in Sept. 11. I also like to see Abu Simbel. But my travel agent told me I can book this optional tour after I arrive in Cario. Anyone who used Globus tour can kindly answer my question - should I book this optional tour now? Or anyone can share his/her experience how to book this tour. <BR> <BR>Thx in advance. <BR> <BR>Lijian ([email protected])

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 01:25 PM
Lee

Hi Lijian, <BR>There is lots of great info already in the site re Abu Simbel. My most recent question is #12 at the moment requesting last minute help before finalizing my tickets. Just type in Abu Simbel, choose Egypt and hit find at the top of the Q&A page and it will give you lots of great recent information. The most important thing I learned was not to get my ticket to the site through my tour company because they inflate the price. Someone paid as little as $85 US by buying their ticket in Cairo but that was at Christmas time which is not peak tourist season and of course prices constantly rise especially with the fuel costs now. The best I could get from Egypt Air in Toronto was $122US. Many flights were already booked 2 months ahead (going Oct.) so couldn't chance waiting until Cairo. American Express travel wanted $185US and Trafalgar tours charges $270. <BR>One thing I just learned today from Egypt Air when I expressed my concern over the shortness of the times they gave me, is that you can only stay 2 hours - this way they limit the number of people at the site. Sounds from those who've been that it is well worth the cost. <BR>Happy travels

Old Aug 14th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Karen

Lijan, <BR>On our Globus tour, Abu Simbel was optional. We booked Abu Simbel on the 1st day of the tour with our tour guide. A few days later, another couple wanted to book, and it was full (true or not, I'm not sure). Anyway, Abu Simbel was a must for us...we're not sure if/when we'd return. Seems like the flight and lunch was about $125/person in April, 1999. Have fun. Egypt is wonderful!

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 04:57 AM
Dick

We were on Globus tour in June of this year and folks did sign up for Abu Simbel a day or so into our tour. We opted not to go as the $200 price each seemed a bit much for the four of us. I understand from our group who did go that they enjoyed it quite a bit although the heat of the summer was something else. I have also read how rates can be quite a bit lower with independent booking but such may be in conflict with schedule for rest of the tour. Also, if I remember correctly the airline didn't exactly stick to schedule.

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 05:21 AM
Lijian

Thx all your replies. They are really helpful. <BR> <BR>Lijian

Old Aug 15th, 2000, 02:26 PM
Charlie

We also are going to Egypt on Sept.15th for 10 days.Included is a 4 night cruise on the Nile to Aswan and we opted for the side trip to Abu Simbel at a cost of $150 pp.We booked in advance because we understand that the flights do sell out, especially the ones that are coordinated to our touring schedule.Our tour company is Foreign Independent Travel out of Northern New Jersey.Have a safe trip!!!

Old Sep 1st, 2000, 06:38 PM
jodi

Abu a must! The short time is ok. I booked with Peace Tourism @ <BR>[email protected] <BR>from here, early on and was very pleased with the price. I would not wait as Egypt Air is the only game in town for Abu. Sit on the left of the plane on the way up and you will fly right by the front of the temples. Start looking early. Have a fabulous trip. Jodi