Notices

Egypt trip with excursions to Jordan and Israel

Old Feb 14th, 2020, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt trip with excursions to Jordan and Israel

My wife and I are planning a trip to Egypt, a cruise on the Nile and then excursions to Jordan and Israel. Initially we looked at Viking then some friends are leaving in a few weeks with Alexander and Roberts. After comparing the two companies, A and R have smaller groups and visit some interesting sites not included with Viking. We are looking for recommendations from anyone who may have either used one of these companies or perhaps others that might be considered.
Old Feb 15th, 2020, 09:23 AM

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
We used Odysseys Unlimited and loved our four nights on Lake Nasser as well as three on the Nile. Lake Nasser gives you access to sites you can’t rich easily otherwise and only two out of seven boats were in use, deserted. . We pulled up a few steps from Abu Simbel and threw an anchor on shore.
We also enjoyed our experiences in Jordan tremendously. We can’t wait to return to both countries.

Old Feb 17th, 2020, 06:49 PM

did you swim or snorkel in the Red Sea from Safaga, Egypt
Old Feb 18th, 2020, 12:50 PM

How much time do you have for this trip?

We spent a little over 2 weeks in Egypt, and it was the right amount of time for us. We spent just under two weeks in Jordan - likewise, the right amount of time for us. While everyone knows there is a lot to see in Egypt. I think many don't know much about the attractions of Jordan beyond Petra. We had three full days at Petra, and we loved our day trip to Jerash. We also took several long drives into the desert - Wadi Rum, but also to see the royal hunting lodges outside of Amman.

If it was my trip (and obviously, it isn't) I'd contact a local agent in Egypt to arrange the Egypt portion of the trip, and I'd get recommendations for local agents in Jordan and Israel. Using a foreign company like A&R or Viking means you pay twice as much for your ground arrangements as you would using a local company, as the big companies sub-contract out the ground arrangements to local companies (and add on their mark-up).
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 06:55 AM
Original Poster

two weeks is our time frame for the trip. We looked into Abercrombie and Kent as well but their itinerary isn't what we want. Some friends used them and were very happy.
Old Jul 27th, 2020, 09:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I was looking at this trip for 2021 before COVID hit. Michele_d on here recommended Memphis Tours to me. I don't want to be with a large tour group (or any group) but rather have a guide of my own and she was very happy with them. They have a trip to Egypt that includes Jordan and Israel, and the custom nature of their offerings will let you tweak it more to your liking.