Egypt Transit Visa

Nov 22nd, 2012, 02:07 AM
ggw
Original Poster

Egypt Transit Visa

I am Ethiopian traveling from Milan/Italy to Addis Ababa by Egyptair through Cairo. I have 5 hours layover time. I have no plan to go outside of the terminals. However, as I will be landing in Terminal 1 and should take another aircraft from Terminal 3, do I need Transit Visa?
Nov 23rd, 2012, 03:56 AM

Wow! Good question. You very well might. I would pose that to the airlines you are dealing with and see what they know. OR... go to the nearest Egyptian Embassy near you and ask. It would be a shame to get here and have them not let you catch that next flight.
If you weren't Ethiopian it wouldn't necessarily be a big deal, but you best find out NOW what it takes for an Ethiopian to get that visa if you do need it.
Good luck!
If you do have to get a visa and you don't want to sit around for 5 hours, you might want to think about doing something for 3 of those 5 hours that you have. You can't see the pyramids in that short of time, but maybe something else could be interesting for you.
Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
ggw
Original Poster

thanks a lot, ok, I have to plan on other trip to see pyramids rather than trying to get visa only for few hours stay.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread