Reload this Page >

Egypt/Israel/Jordan in March/April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2000, 12:33 PM
Elsie

This has probably been asked and answered a dozen times but here goes anyway. <BR>We are trying to figure out how to get this trip organized. Some of the tour companies i.e Trafalgar and Insight will package the three areas for us but the experience on other trips with the major tour operators is that they seem to be a bit too hectic for us. <BR>We would like to do it on our own but in this area we kind of wonder what problems we could find ourselves in. I noticed there was a suggestion that Egypt be done as a tour and Israel and Jordan should be o.k. independently. We want to see the usual things I guess that most other visitors encounter. <BR>Can some of the experienced travellers out there give us a hand. How you may have done it or contemplate doing it and some contacts you may have used. <BR>We will really appreciate any help and guidance you can give us. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 06:00 AM
Jen

Hello - I will be cruising on Royal Carribbean's Sovereign of the Seas for 3 nights to Bahamas. I am trying to coordinate the best flight times for our trip. <BR> <BR>Our ship departs Cape Carnaval 5pm on Thursday. Do you think it is worth it to get there Wednesday night and stay in a hotel? Are there nice hotels, restaurants, or any beaches near by where we could relax before the ship departs? <BR> <BR>We return to C.Carnaval at 9am on Sunday. Will we have enough time to catch a noon time flight from Orlando? <BR> <BR>I am assuming we will have to rent a car to drive from Orlando to the port since we are booking the flight on our own? Does the airport have shuttles to the Cape?? <BR> <BR>I have a free voucher for United Airlines so using RCCL to book our air is not an option. <BR> <BR>Thanks!!

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 06:05 AM
Jen

Elsie - I didn't mean to reply to your post - only post a new one. I have no idea how it came out this way! Sorry

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 02:34 PM
kiersten

We are doing those three independently, sort of, every day we have a private car and driver @ our disposal in Egypt. We get to see everything at our own pace. As far as Israel, you can tour on foot once you get to your hotel. We are doing altrnative transport to Golan Hgts, Petra, Masada, dead sea etc (air planes, jeeps, helicopters..we booked these ourselves) <BR> <BR>Big Five is very helpful and can book as much or as little as you want(hotels, driver, airfare) I found Maren very helpful and willing to work with exactly what I wanted to see, and give opinions when needed. Big 5 was highly rated by travel magazines. We will return in Oct from the trip and I will let you know how it went. <BR> <BR>Try Maren for some ideas etc, tell her Kiersten Forman recommended her 1800 244 3483

Old Sep 21st, 2000, 07:43 PM
michelle

Two families (4 adults and 7 kids aged 12 to 17) will be traveling to Egypt/Israel/Jordan in December 2000. We have arranged everything independenty. For Egypt and Jordan(Petra)we are using Tours and Travel Dimensions out of NY ([email protected]). Zaki Tewfik has ben wonderful. We are spending 5 days in Egypt (Cairo & Luxor), 2 in Petra and 9 in Israel. Although we have our own Israeli guide from a previous trip, Zaki has arranged 5 star deluxe hotels throughout at the best prices. He is very flexible and will work with you. <BR> <BR>One problem we have had (and apparently others too based upon the postings I've read)is air transport on Egypt Air in Egypt and from Cairo to Tel Aviv on Air Sinai, their affiliate, if you don't fly Egypt Air internationally. They are extremely idependent. As a result, we had to cancel the Cairo/Tel Aviv/Eilat air travel and fly Cairo/Sharm-el Sheik and then a bus to the border to get to Petra. <BR> <BR>Good luck and if yoy need more info you can e-mail me. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>