Search

Egypt - Tour Companies

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egypt - Tour Companies

Hi all,

I went to a travel and tour show in New York this weekend and met representatives from 3 tour companies - On the Go tours, Gap Adventures and Kensington Tours. Has anyone used any of these companies?

From all my tour research (thanks to the Fodors board), I am thinking of using Isramworld or Insight, but want to find out about these companies just in case.

As always, thanks!!!
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Gap Adventures is a Toronto based operator that is highly regarded in Canada - I think their clients tend to be younger (as their prices are lower). Friends have gone with them to South America and Africa and were very happy with the trip.

There are other operators that are highly regarded on this board - do you want a group trip or a private trip?
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
P_M

I went with GAP to Peru. My tour was a budget tour which meant a very young crowd and basic hotels. And I do mean basic. But it was good and I would consider using GAP again.

If you want nicer hotels take one of GAP's "comfort" tours.
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Original Poster

I think I want a group tour as I am going by myself. This trip is a 50th birthday gift to myself so don't know if a young crowd tour is right for me. I would want to stay in nice hotels (not the Ritz, but nice)
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 11:53 PM

SDee.. what a great gift to yourself. A friend of mine - a single female approx 50 years, did one of the Insight tours (about 10 days). Prior to the tour she hired a private guide and did about 5 days of independant sight seeing. She said the Insight tour was fabulous although their tour group was so big they had to divide them between two tour buses. She said she got the great guide - the other group were not so happy. I had originally thought of doing an Insight or Scenictours group tour, for AUS$3500 to $5000 per person for 10 to 14 days with deluxe 5 star accommodation(does not include flight from Australia to Egypt but includes almost everything else). HOWEVER, since reading the Fodors forum I have found a far cheaper tour company, Lady Egypt who appear to be very professional and a large company and for about US$2300 - $2600 I can get a similar tour, with my own tour guide and driver. I like the idea of meeting people in a group, hopefully lots from other countries, but I don't like the idea of travelling in a big pack where other people can dictate what goes on, also, I can imagine struggling to hear the guide on a tour when 20 or 30 people are gathered around trying to hear. Lady Egypt have promptly answered every query I had and are happy to plan a tour around MY needs.
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 03:56 AM
P_M

SDee, I didn't mention this in my first post because you specifically asked about a few companies including GAP. If you would like info on other companies I will be happy to help.

On my trip to Egypt I went with Lady Egypt. I was then 44 years old and there were people both older and younger than me. In fact a lady in our group celebrated her 50th on that trip. Please check out Lady Egypt, I think you will be pleased.