Egypt to Jordan via ferry

Jan 23rd, 2005, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

Egypt to Jordan via ferry

I will be in Egypt in May 2005 and I would like to plan an excursion (5 days)to Jordan. Since I will be in the Sharm el Sheikh/Nuweiba area (Egypt), I was planning on taking the ferry (1 hour) from Nuweiba to Aqaba. From Aqaba, I will travel to Petra and Amman.

Has anyone taken the ferry from Nuweiba to Aqaba or from Aqaba to Sharm el Sheikh? Other than Petra and Wadi Rum, what sites are considered "must see" for Jordan?
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:49 AM

re ferry - no. but do tell all about that when you've sampled it! Re Jordan - apart from the places you mention, I remember church and very early mosaic floor in Madaba.

Happy trails.
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:46 AM
sandi

DFB724 -

Check out the site below:

www.kinghussein.gov.jo/tourism.html

Has a list of sights and places to visit from which you can choose.

Petra is a must and 2-days would be ideal giving you opportunity to see sunsets and sunrises when most tourists are gone. Then you stop on the way north - The Dead Sea, Madaba, overnight in AMM. Do trip day-trips (or maybe an overnight in the North) up to Jerash and a Aljoun. There's lots to choose from so you can certainly fill 5-days.

From AMM you can travel home. Don't know what airline you're using into Cairo, but many airlines also do AMM, so you can fly into CAI and out of AMM. When we did Egypt we used Royal Jordanian via AMM (only a 1-hr. flight to CAI and returned via AMM, again 1-hr and a free overnight hotel for an early departure.) Interesting country, warm people, good food.

I can't tell you anything about the ferry, sorry.

Jan 29th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Alice13 and Sandi:

Thanks for the responses.

Search this Thread