Egypt recommendations needed!

Jan 19th, 2005, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Egypt recommendations needed!

I am going to Egypt at the end of March for one week. I am flying into Cairo, but am considering trying to fit in Luxor and the Red Sea as well. Any thoughts or advice on what I should try to fit in during that time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jan 20th, 2005, 10:19 AM

Recently returned from 2 weeks in Egypt (see "Trip Report: Egypt" on this forum). We covered the whole country in the 2 weeks we were there at a pretty leisurely pace but still would have liked more time. We only really had 2 days in Cairo and I think at least 3 more would have been good as there seemed to be so much more than just the touristy things we saw.

I guess it all depends on your travel style...I tend to like to spend time just wandering the streets and gettin to know the locals but our trip didn't afford much time for that.

You could spend 2-3 days in Cairo, fly to Luxor for a day or 2 and then head out to the Red Sea coast rather than going to the Sinai Penninsula to save some time so you're constantly on the move.

I had a wonderful guide and would be happy to offer a reference if you're interested. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll provide you with his contact info.

No matter how much time you spend in Egypt, it won't be enough...you'll want to go back for more...I know I do.

Happy Travels!
Jan 22nd, 2005, 12:59 PM

We just returned from Egypt. We spent 3 days in Cairo and that seemed like a perfect amount of time. We also visited the Red Sea. We really enjoyed it. If you have time, consider adding in Luxor and the Red Sea.

Search this Thread