Egypt Power Adaptor

Mar 29th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Egypt Power Adaptor

I am a travel photographer that is planning a trip to Egypt including all of the things that you do there for a week in May. I am curious to know what electrical adaptor to use to charge my digital media wallet and camera batteries? All responses will be appreciated.
Mar 29th, 2005, 12:36 PM
sandi

I can't tell you specifically, as I take all that come in my kit (except those that obviously will not work, i.e., Asia, Australia). They weigh so little, I just toss two or three of them into my carryon. If all else fails, and you're staying in at least a 4* hotel, you can always borrow one from the front desk.

Apr 10th, 2005, 03:14 AM

While you probably won't need a transformer (my battery charger is 110/220) the plug adapter should be the type where the flat American prongs "convert" to the round European prongs. As Sandi says, they are cheap and lightweight - if you're not staying at a hotel that has one, you can buy them at any local hardware store or ask someone to buy one for you; they cost about US $1
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:39 PM

My blowdryer has a 110/220 switch but would not work unless I used the converter. The converter kit comes with two round plugs. The prongs are thick on one and thin on the other and set at different widths - only one will work in Egypt so make sure you get the right one.

Search this Thread