Egypt - Nuweiba or sharm..advise pl

Jan 8th, 2005, 08:34 AM
gac1yahoo

Egypt - Nuweiba or sharm..advise pl

Hello..

I am getting Nile Hilton for $105 for 4 people (2 adlts, 2 kids), is it reasonable..?

I am planning to stay in Sharm for two days and planning to go to Petra for 2 days and go from there to Amman to leave..is it too much..? (go to aqaba, from there take a taxi to Petra (2 night stay) and next day drive to dead sea and then to airport..)

Someone advised me to stay Nuweiba instead of Sharm...I like to snorkel.

I am planning to go St. Catherine Monastery and climb Sinai...which base will be better (Sharm or Nuweiba)..?

I am planning to be in Aswan in Feb.
Do I need to book the nile cruise before going to Cairo..?
What are the reasonable prices for 5* cruises..? I am getting Nile Hilton for 2 adults and 2kids for $135.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance

Jan 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM

Are you sure that is $135 total? or each? It should be each. If you are getting 4 beds for $135 total (per night, I assume) that is Very Very Very good and a HUGE bargain. What boat are you going on?
Jan 8th, 2005, 12:00 PM
gac1yahoo

sorry for the confusion...

I was mentioning the hotel in Cairo "Nile Cairo" is $135..and asking whether it is a good deal..

The second question is: How much is the fair price for the 5* nile cruises..?

Thank you

Jan 10th, 2005, 01:53 PM

I would pick Sharm over Nuweiba any day. We went to Nuweiba for lunch during an excursion and there really isn't much to do there but snorkel. There seemed to be more restaurants and shopping in Sharm for those times when you're not snorkeling.

If I remember correctly, Nuweiba is only about an hour from Sharm so it really isn't cutting out much time if that's what you're looking to do.

I guess its all a personal preference.

Search this Thread