Egypt - just back

May 7th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Egypt - just back

What a wonderful trip! I don't know how it could have been any better. I loved the Egyptian peoples' kindness and their sense of humor. I really felt safer there than in many other countries in which I have traveled as far as theft is concerned. The amount of protection for tourists is extreme. In our minibus, we always had an armed guard with us and in Alexandria besides the armed guard, there was a police car with 4 police proceeding us to all the major sights. Felt a bit like a celebrity or someone with a bullseye painted on my back. Our trip was an all-inclusive 17-days with Maupintour and I can't say enough about the company. Included were stays at first class hotels in Alexandria, 3 hotels in Cairo, Aswan and a 6-day Nile cruise on the Oberoi Philae. All tipping was included, bottled water and 4 internal airflights. Most meals we were permitted to select anything off of the menu. Our last meal was the most fantastic 7 course gourmet meal I have ever experienced. The price of every attraction was also included and they were amazing to finally see after two previously cancelled trips. There were only 7 in our group two of which were to go in March but were unable to because there were not enough people for the tour to proceed. Don't know how we could have received better treatment and would recommend Maupintour to anyone who wants what I think is a very fair price for all that is included.
Jun 4th, 2004, 10:12 AM

Louise, have you traveled anywhere else with Maupintour? It sounds just like what my trip was for 12 days with A & K.
Jun 4th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I have traveled twice before with Maupintour - Kenya/Tanzania and Greece/Turkey.

Search this Thread