Egypt/Jordan/Israel

Mar 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Egypt/Jordan/Israel

Hey Everyone;

I have a couple questions about my trip to the middle east this summer...
I have pretty much worked out which cities I want to go to and its something like this:
Aswan - Luxor (nile cruise) night train to Cairo
Cairo for a few days
Cairo - Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine to walk it

I was thinking it would be nice to go to one Red Sea beach city. I was thinking Nuweiba, Eilat or Aqaba since they seem the closest to the other cities in my itinerary but I am having trouble deciding which one is best/most convenient to get in and out of.
Next, I think id like to visit Petra and Wadi Rum as well.
I also want to go to Jerusalem for a few days, then I will depart out of Amman. What would be the best way to piece this trip together after the Mt. Sinai/St. Catherine part?
I am having trouble figuring out the best ways to get in and out of Israel with boarder crossings, travel time etc.
I dont care which order I do the cities in, just would like it to be convenient and economical.
we will be traveling by bus/minibus only but could consider renting a car if it was THAT much more worth it.

BTW I have 2 weeks to 18 days for the while trip. If it helps I could fly in to Amman and out of Aswan if doing the trip in the opposite order would be better...

Any help is always much appreciated
Thanks!
Mar 13th, 2012, 02:15 AM

Personally prefer Sharm from Cairo it is prettier with better diving. www.booking.com OneandOnly.com best for me but Marriott is super nice with better price points. When I did this headed
to Petra from Sharm spent several wonderful days at the Movenpick there.

Happy Trails!

Search this Thread