Egypt/Israel Cruises from Cyprus

Jul 1st, 1999, 03:25 AM
jim

Egypt/Israel Cruises from Cyprus

Just back last week from a business trip which ended with a 3 night/2 day vacation cruise from Limassol, Cyprus to Israel and Egypt on Louis Cruise Lines. It was great, and just what I wanted, as an efficient way to see the highlights of these countries. I found out about it through Fodors, and from what I saw, not many Americans know about these cruises.

Louis Cruise Lines (louisecruises.com) runs two day (to Egypt, Israel, Beirut) cruises and a combination three day cruise to Egypt and Israel each Sunday and Wednesday. I left Limassol Sunday evening (after being picked up at my hotel by a Louis bus), and traveled and ate on the boat overnight, arriving at Haifa, Israel on Monday morning. After 2 1/2 hour bus ride to Jerusalem (past Mt. Carmel and Tel Aviv), I visited the Wailing Wall and Church of the Sepulchur in Jerusalem. On to Bethlehem, and back that evening to the ship. Next day, Port Said, with a 3 hour bus ride to Cairo, and te Pyramids. On the way back, we stopped at the National Museum. All in all, I saw everything that I want to see in that area of the world, and it was great. Cairo museum and the Pyramids were especially good. And I met a number of nice people, especially the British, on the tour. The ship is more of an elaborate ferry with overnight accomodations (not a Carnival cruise at all, but again, I didn't want that.) There were many British tourists and Eastern Europeans of all ages, many in their twenties and thirties. Few Americans (I don't think Louis really advertises in America, and Americans simply don't know about this kind of cruise). And best of all, I paid only $300, which got me a better room actually and includes breakfast, box lunch and dinner as well as site and museum passes! I'd highly recommend it for someone who wants a no-frills, efficient way to see these sites. Anyone can email me for specific questions.

Aug 18th, 1999, 06:56 AM
glyn

jim, i have just got the louis brochure, it looks good, but did you get to see the night show at the pyramids before you left, did you have enough time to see everything you wanted to ???, glad to hear the brits were ok we are not all football hooligans really, any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated, many thanks
glyn

Search this Thread