Egypt Internet Travel Agencies

Dec 24th, 2001, 09:08 AM
Ong

Egypt Internet Travel Agencies

Hi

Does anybody have any particularly good or bad experiences with Egyptian travel agencies booked over the internet that you would like to share? I am thinking of going to egypt for around 10 days and was wondering whether it would be cheaper to book it through the net than through my home country? Any particular travel companies that one would recommend?

Also, has anyone been to Abu Simbel recently? Hear it's not very safe, how true is it?

Any advice is appreciated.

Dec 24th, 2001, 09:57 AM
ipsych

hi,
the egypt tourism net has a website. if you email your requirements, then several agencies receive your mail and send back quotes. i have booked recently like this and will be travelling on 20th jan for a nine day holiday.it apperas that we did manage to get a very competitive quote because of lack of tourists. whether the agency is reliable, only time will tell.
ipsych

Dec 27th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Ong

Thanks very much for the response.

Would you be able to tell me the name of the travel agency that you booked with and whether it is possible to do any background check on these companies?
Also, what is the address of the egyptian tourism net? I have a few thrown up when I type it in the search box.

Many thanks

Dec 28th, 2001, 11:02 AM
ipsych

hi,
the website is

http://www.tourism.egnet.net/
i have booked through rano travel.ideally, if you email after visiting this site, with you specifications of the tour, you will get many responses and then decide which one to pick
regards
ipsych

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:46 PM
MIDORI

I am consdiering traveling Egypt this April, and still wondering which travel agency is reliable. I received some mails from agencies through the internet, and I choosen "Osoris agency" Is anyone know Osoris travel agency? Or if you have any recommendation, please let me know it!!

Mar 6th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Huong

Ong, As I posted to Midori's query, my husband and I used www.goaheadvacations.com to Egypt about a month and half ago and they were wonderful and the hotels are fantastic. I've also heard many good things about www.gate1travel.com. I was in Abu Simbel at the end of January and security over in Egypt very safe. Please don't let anyone or the media tell you otherwise if they haven't experienced it. I would not hesitate to go back to Egypt in a heart beat.

Apr 1st, 2002, 03:25 AM
MIDORI

Sorry for late response and thank you for your information, Ong.
I will go there from April 20 to May 8.
As I asked Egypt travel agency and arranged the schedule. I will go Jordan in addition to Egypt.

My worry is that the safety of traveling to Baharrya Oasis by myself & the egypt travel agency. I have heard that many women met sexual harrassment. I may change the tour course..

Apr 1st, 2002, 03:26 AM
MIDORI

Sorry, this thank you is to Huong.

Search this Thread